SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making money with your sailing blog
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014
Broad Reachin'

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road
Re: Making money with your sailing blog

As many have shared, it's certainly possible to make money with a sailing blog, but it likely won't happen overnight and it likely won't happen without effort. I've got a handful of web ventures going that create "passive" income.

My sailing blog, SailFarLiveFree.com, ranks third in income but takes the majority of my efforts. It also happens to bring me a lot of enjoyment, which I can't quite put a price on.

My advice:

1. Don't consider making money online as passive income - it takes persistence, dedication and effort. If you're passive about it, then don't expect an income!

2. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket - diversify! (For example use a mixture of SEO/Google rankings, advertising, Adsense, Amazon, social media, other affiliates, sponsorship, etc. so that if one goes south you're not sunk.)

3. Quality content is king. If it isn't well-written and you weren't inspired to write it, it probably isn't adding value to your blog/website. Quality content seems to produce good traffic...eventually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook