SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Stern:
No, generally around 8 mos to a year will be enough to to build a custom boat. But in this case the boat was built at the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding so we were subject to the school's schedule with all the school breaks. Finally Kim said enough time and hired four full time professional boatbuilders.

Also, keep in mind that sometimes the design work can start a year before the build. In this case about six months as I recall before the build. I need lead time so I am not chasing the builder.

Faster:
I checked YachtWorld this morning. I found two Passport 47's one was $345,000 and the other, the older model was $275,000. BS is making up his own "facts" again.

As for only three Perry designs in all of BC BS is totally delusional. But I don't trust him where any numbers are involved. He admits to having a problem with math. He should be here any moment. I think his shift at the 7-11 ends around 3pm.

I almost forgot:
Shin nyen quy ler!
Happy Chinese New Year

Or if you prefer Cantonese:
Gong hay fat choy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site

Last edited by bobperry; 01-30-2014 at 05:54 PM.