SailNet Community - View Single Post - 10K$ boat --- Are Insurance and Survey REALLY mandatory?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014

davidpm is on a distinguished road
Re: 10K$ boat --- Are Insurance and Survey REALLY mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertluster View Post
This kinda sounds like my attitude/plan. Insurance has it's place, but is often for people who don't want to be responsible for themselves.
I'm glad to hear that your philosophy is based on "being responsible for yourself".

So if we are both in an anchorage and a storm catches us both by surprise and your 10k boat drags anchor and holes my 100k boat and sinks it just exactly how do you propose that you are going to do the responsible thing?

If you have a plan to set things right I'm good with your responsible for yourself idea.
If you have no plan to set things right your philosophy might be more accurately be represented as looking out for yourself and first and screw everyone else.

Of course the first way of presenting the philosophy sounds nicer while the second way may be what it ends up being in a practical sense.

That being said sometimes you have to do what you have to do and if you can't afford insurance I sure wouldn't want to imply that you shouldn't sail.

Last edited by davidpm; 01-30-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to davidpm For This Useful Post:
robertluster (01-31-2014)