SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweareDeep View Post
The floorboards on the Sydney GTS43 at Dusseldorf were extraordinarily squeaky -- I'm not sure they would necessarily have turned out that squeaky even if someone had tried to make them squeaky! Squeaky floorboards are a pet peeve of mine.

I really went on the GTS43 though to get a different view of the Azuree 46 across from it (which happily passed my squeaky floorboard test).
Welcome to the thread and to sailnet

I confess that I did not noticed any squeaky floorboards on the Sydney GTS43. Maybe they were but sure If I had not noticed than I would have not be worried about that, I am not particularly annoyed with it. But certainly the ones on Azuree are heavier as well as everything, except ballast.

The Azuree are relatively light boats but are comparatively much more heavier than the Sydney, specially if we consider the much bigger B/D ratio of the Sydney. The Azuree 40 weights 7100kg, the 46 10700kg. the Sydney 43 weights 6950kg. You have to accept some compromises to have the weight and performance of a boat like the Sydney and slightly squeaky floorboards (if you say so) are not a bad compromise.

You cannot look to the Azuree the same way you look to the Sydney. They are not comparable boats nor they point to the same type of sailors or market. I find both great boats for what they are designed to do.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-31-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook