Join Date: Sep 2001
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
I''ve been contemplating moving up to a larger boat sometime in the near future.I''ve been compiling a list of boats that I think would meet my needs.Reading your comments on different boats, I value your opinion.Would you please recommend some boats that meet the following criteria:
(1) Under $60,000
(2) Length 34-38ft.
(3) Must be capable of being sailed single-handed
(4) No more than 6 ft.of draft
(5) Capable of coastal and blue-water sailing
(6) Preferred aft and forward enclosed cabins
(7) Good overall sailing performance..not neccesarily a racer, but not a slug either.
(8) Very low exterior maintenance...not a lot of teak,etc.
(9) Must have an aft cockpit
(10) Good storage space
*** The C&C boats are high on my list, but I''m not to sure of their "blue-water" capabilities since they are lighter displacement boats.I know that the criteria I''ve listed covers a broad range of sailing abilities, but I''m sure such a boat exists to meet my needs. Your help and expertise would be greatly appreciated.