SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau 42DS
Thread: Jeanneau 42DS
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007

grantgoulding is on a distinguished road
Problems with 42ds

Problems:
Stress cracks on coach roof panel that covers lines. they won't replace - now repaired and looks awful!
Hole in gelcoat appread in deck by mid ship cleat area
Cracking of teak tow rail by anchor
peeling of gel coat in anchor locker
failure of drinking water pump
when boat was lifted water drained for a week from keel to hull joint which suggests water is being allowed to seep into keel
forwarded heads tap, towel hoop and locker button corroding
very poor fitting and quality of joinery below which allows it to bemarked easily
Laminate floor - where they screwed in the floor panels they have cipped the laminate
picked up rubbish in engine water intake which meant the water lock becmae damaged - it is located within the port side engine bearer - and it had melted whihc made it almost impossible to remove. I then realised just how poorly made the boat was. Self tappers into the glass fibre with the ends of the screens poking through to the other side etc
all this on a July 2006 boat!
You can buy a Bavaria 42 cruiser for 40k less in the UK and the quality can't be any worse surely! I have had three Jeanneaus now and they have really cut corners now - this will be my last. I know the 49/54 is worlds apart in terms of quality - I wonder where the 46 will sit?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook