SailNet Community - View Single Post - 10K$ boat --- Are Insurance and Survey REALLY mandatory?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014

neverknow is on a distinguished road
Re: 10K$ boat --- Are Insurance and Survey REALLY mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertluster View Post
Well, Thanks just loads for the heads up, but corrupt lawyers, insurance companies, and a particular nameless hospital are the reason my IRA and 401K and ex wife all went "poof". I'm thankful for the ex-navy surgeon that worked on me - but all the rest should be lined up against a wall somewhere... If anyone were to EVER try to collect 5 or 6 digits from me again, they will just have to suck hind teat - and it's dry...
If you were ever in the military (no matter when) and you have no income or assets you can get free VA medical. Check into it. The VA made some changes in the past few yrs. More ppl now can get medical that couldn't before.

As far as the rest insurance. Just buy a boat US membership for $150 a year and when a marina ask for insure proof flash them your card. Unless you plan to stay in one place more than a few nights I doubt they will careless. If they do just move on.

Sounds like you have had some bad luck, you might as well take advantage of the fact you have been cut free. There are many people reading this who wish they could be so lucky. It's just so hard to give up our cushy lives and just go. You had that done for you. Wish you the best.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook