View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Chines

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
I love that new X Yacht.
No chines?
They must be behind the times or not know what they are doing.
Or, really know what they are doing. Yes, I think that's it.

Ha!
Bob, the X yachts are designed by Niels Jeppesen an in house designer that only designs X yachts. Even if I do prefer designers with a broader experience than an in house designer there are some that have proved along the time and particularly in racing that they are great in what they do. That's the case for instance with Neils but also with Johnstone from Jboats.

From what observation it seems that you consider that Neils know what is doing when is not using chines in cruising boats and that the other designers that use them don't know what they are doing, for instance designers like Marc Lombard, Finot/Conq, Berret Racopeau, Umberto Felci. Off course being Neils Jeppesen a great NA all of the above are no less and even have a lot more experience having designed much more boats and very different ones. I believe they all know what they are doing.

Again, for the ones that want to participate on the discussion of this subject please post and follow it here:Hard Chines

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-02-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook