SailNet Community - View Single Post - CS36 Merlin
Thread: CS36 Merlin
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: CS36 Merlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast2tack View Post
Just ask "Boatpoker" a well respected expert Marine Surveyor or "Mainesail" who has the most beautifully "reno'd" CS 36 T I have ever seen.
Ours has approx 70,000nm under her keel including an "almost" circumnavigation. She has zero crazing, cracking or any signs of wear even after 35 years. Her only issue is some spots of dry deck delamination/pops, our boat was one of two that had this happen, and that was factored into the price. The previous owner sailed 60k nm with these deck "pops" and we continue to sail with them because they are not high on my priority list and they are more annoying than structural issues. When I get to painting the decks I will repair them but for now, no need.

We too looked at Merlins and preferred the more robust construction of the 36T... I like the interior / aft cabin of the Merlin though. We also looked at the Nonsuch line but after living vicariously through many other boat owners, who have had extensive hull moisture repair bills, we decided a non-cored hull was a priority for us.. We also preferred the more graceful lines of the 36T but that is more personal preference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook