SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buyers market
Thread: Buyers market
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007

Insails is on a distinguished road
Buyers market,Offshore 33??

It is such a buyers market it's hard to make a choice.When I first started looking at boats I got a little discouraged by how many were rot in the water at marinas...Now after almost a year on the "Great Boat Hunt" my criteria for a boat has not changed but the range sure has...I wanted a full or fin keel boat 25-28 ft with capabilities of limited off shore use. I wanted wheel steering and standing head room( I am short so 6' works)..Now after looking at scores of boats I realize its a buyers market and I can go up to aleast 35 foot and still single hand..So far the boats I have liked the most have been the 27 ft Cape dory , Alberg 30 ,Catalina 27(some will cringe at that!)and now today I went aboard an offshore 33 and man was it cool..oh boy!! why oh why does it have to be a buyers market???LOL Has anyone ever heard of an offshore 33? The owner says they were based in florida and the hulls are known for strength..The rig was an Island Packet cutter rig .The owner told me the boats came as a hull when ordered and the owner could choose the type rig..
Does anyone here know anything about these boats??

Last edited by Insails; 04-18-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook