SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sleeping preference?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014
Noah's Bosun

Cap-Couillon is on a distinguished road
Re: Sleeping preference?

First question to my mind, underway or on the hook?... The "torpedo tubes" are gonna be more comfortable than the v-berth while underway. Especially with adequate lee boards or cloths installed.

On the current single hander, my quarter berth is the only option as v-berth has been given over to stowage. In a blow while underway, have been known to nap on the cabin sole. Of course, as a single hander we don't have to worry about crew-mates stepping on our face. Lowest CG possible and right at the boats center of motion, plus shipping water is easy to detect...

On the "big boat" when we had kids, and sometimes crew the pilot berth in the salon was the preferred spot underway.... center of motion and good lee boards to keep you in place. Ass on the bulkhead, knees on the lee boards and nighty night. If more than one person off watch second choice was aft cabin, but berth too big to brace yourself underway, and autopilot puts up a terrible racket. Better choice than the v-berth which is hobby horsing like a bitch.

At anchor..... who cares? Nice to be able to get 5 or 6 hours uninterrupted.

Onboard - Solitaire
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Cap-Couillon For This Useful Post:
sharkbait (02-04-2014)