SailNet Community - View Single Post - How big a holding tank vs. camping
View Single Post
post #90 of Old 02-03-2014
merit 25 solo "er"
Re: How big a holding tank vs. camping

man Ive seen it all now...

cruisers using freshwater in their heads.

I thought rinsing plates with freshwater was bad this just makes me cry.

I know Im a minority for sure, and my ideas on cruising cheaply and very frugally in the past(im improving and adding gizmos and ease of living gadgets on my current boat) but I just couldnt do it

I have a hard enough time here liviing with cisterns in my house and seing people rumage my trash and begging for water in the streets that I simply couldnt do such a thing

especially on a boat

and honestly guys if its smells you are talking about I have no idea how one could compare poo water smell in a head to any sort of bilge from a diesel

oil is a natutral product and hence goes bad if you will

I just plucked some dirty ass oil bilge water in my aft bilge compartment on my islander 36...

this compartment had never been cleaned as the water level isnt high enough to go up onto the next where there is a bilge pump so there is always stagnant water.

this crap smelled a million times worse than any grey seawater or pee water or poo water that stays in the little pocket of your head any day!

so guys lets keep it real

if you want to have a clean head use some joy and leave it sud in the bottom...ther are also other stuff you can use like regular toilet cleaners...even biodegardables or green type cleaners...

just me half a cent

Islander 36 no longer for sale...its MINE!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Planning maiden cruise for November-December 2015 to Panama Canal! The planning begins!!!
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome