SailNet Community - View Single Post - Voyaging on $500 per month
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Re: Voyaging on $500 per month

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Hmmm, not many McD's in places like the Bahamas, for instance, last time I was there... :-)

I think you're overlooking the utility and importance of internet access for many cruisers, today... Obtaining weather info, keeping in touch with family/aging parents, and so on... Oh, and ordering replacement parts for watermakers... :-)

Yes, that's the case in a place like Newfoundland, as well...

But in many more popular cruising destinations, it seems to be increasingly difficult to find free wifi... The Bahamas are a good example, I've found your best chances of doing so are in the more remote spots... Places where cruisers gather in droves, the Abacos, Georgetown/Exumas, etc seem to have gone almost exclusively to for profit subscription services, a free unsecured connection can be all but impossible to find...
Yep, too many cruisers trying to do it on 500 a month and ruining all the freebies.....I'll keep some secrets....you'll just have to go and find them.
Like the place that pulled my mast for 30 bucks and no hard stand charge....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook