SailNet Community - View Single Post - Unexplained phenomena while sailing...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014
Been there, done that...

ericb760 is on a distinguished road
Re: Unexplained phenomena while sailing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy56 View Post
Eric... I've seen objects that do change direction and so have the space shuttle cameras... they also recorded objects changing 90 degrees after stopping for an instant.

Glad there is another amateur astronomer on these boards... I have an Orion Astroview 120 refractor (my best refractor) and a Meade LX200... seen some stuff lighting up on the Moon one time but didn't have the camera set up. What's your set up? Star parties, etc.

TimR... suggest you get a VW moon hubcap... works better!
I have a Meade ETX-125 with a Celestron PowerTank and a Celestron 90EQ Refractor. As you know, the Meade takes a bit of time to set up, so I keep the Celestron handy to pull out for a quick look around. I bought the Celestron about fifteen years ago and it was old when I bought it. But, it has Japanese glass that is phenomenal! Even old-timers are impressed by it. I can resolve three or four of Jupiter's bands in good air. I really love my Meade, and would equally love an LX200, but I just don't have the space right now. I had it "supercharged" by Dr. Clay at the Arkansas Sky Observatory, and I would suggest this service to anyone with a GOTO mount. With proper alignment, everything that I goto ends up dead center of the eyepiece.Weasner's Meade ETX TechTips

I usually attend the semi-monthly Star Party at the Seal Beach Pier. Good bunch of folks. Not always the best seeing, but fun nonetheless! Astronomy Night-Star Party « Bogart's Coffee House

Last edited by ericb760; 02-03-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook