SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Chines

Quote:
Originally Posted by olianta View Post
Then it means that the chines' purpose is to put limitations on your manner of sailing., acting as rails on a tram - you get punished if you derail, tram gets insulted :..
It seems you really have some difficulty on this. Yes your way of sailing should be adapted to each boat characteristics and not otherwise.

Each boat has an optimum way regarding being sailed effectively. Not all are the same. Some are more effective upwind with more heel, other with less.

If a boat does not only reminds the sailor about the better and more efficient heeling angle but also makes easier to find it and makes difficult bad and less efficient sailing, preventing him to pass that angle it is worse or less flexible than a boat that does not pass any information to the sailor?

Let me remind you that on top of all this that chine increases stiffness at the more efficient angle of heel, making the boat go slightly faster.

It beats me how you can see any of this as negative but I will insist no more, have it your own way

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook