SailNet Community - View Single Post - Don't have to be rich to sail
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't have to be rich to sail

You don't have to be rich or well off at all to go sailing... it's a misnomer to think only rich people have yachts or the right to sail...

With determination anyone that can repair, upgrade, restore a sailboat or powerboat for that matter has the right to be on the water... the other needs such as slip, moorage, latest equipment, etc. aren't neccesary for enjoying the waters...

I belong to a guitar forum that believes in order to play successful guitar you must have the best guitar available (nothing else will do) but I challenge them all the time as the guitar brand or cost is not what matters but the ability to play far exceeds anything the value of the guitar... a good guitarist can play a $50 guitar from Goodwill as good as a guitar worth $5000... I myself have so so guitars and great guitars and I play them all the same regardless of the price of the guitar... same goes with sailing... whether it's a 16 foot sailing skiff or a 50 foot mega sailboat... the enjoyment is the same albeit the larger the boat the more comfort... but the sailing enjoyment is no different... I'm as happy on my 25 foot as I would be on a 50 foot boat.. the difference is the cost to keep and maintain the level of comfort.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook