SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry;1379249....

I had a long conversation with Mark Mills today. Mark did his internship in my office a few years back ( seems like a few). We remian good friends. We had a good talk about chines. Like me he feels they are far moere about fashion than they are about substance on the current group of Mom and Pop boats. He did put chines on his new 30' sportboat. ..
Yes, I think that the chines on the C&C 30 is a first for him. He designs mostly IRC racers or top cruiser-racers that as I have are the boats were chines are less useful.

Chines come and were developed on solo racers. It is not surprising that the ones that had developed them and use them for many years in racing boats are the ones with a better grasp over them and also the ones that use them on cruising boats. That's for example the case with Marc Lombard and Finot/Conq, the ones that have designed many 40 class racers, many Open60's and that also design the Jeanneau line (Marc lombard) and several Benetaus, including the 41 and the 38 (Finot Conq).

Another one that designs Open boats and class racers and also use chines on cruising boats is Rob Humphreys.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-04-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook