SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Real performance and compensated one

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt vimes View Post
Yeah - ragtime won her division in the 2009 sydney hobart...
Not to bad for a 65 ft and 45 year old wooden boat, don't you think?
I am used of that type of comments on other threads not on this one. You should know that any old slow boat can win on compensated time and that the number of years of a boat counts to lower the rating. what I said refereed clearly to absolute speed and performance and not what an old boat can do under handicap rules.

That boat was pretty incredible at is time. Today it is still fast but way outperformed in real time by racers of the same size and even by much smaller ones. That was what I wanted to say when I said it was not competitive. I was talking about design and absolute performance.

Regarding that race 8th Sydney Hobarth, the Ragtime (65ft boat) had done it in 2 days 10hour and 38 minutes more about 11 hours than a a Reichel Pugh 62 (1day 23hours and 6minutes) . And it was not the only case, many smaller boats have done better. Here are some of them: a Reichel Pugh 63 in 1day 23hours and 30minutes a Reichel Pugh 55 in 2days 57m, a TP52 in 2days 1hour and 1 minute and many more.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook