SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best Drone for GoPro???
View Single Post
post #31 of Old 02-05-2014
Re: Best Drone for GoPro???

Originally Posted by rbrasi View Post
Mine has an RF wireless video transmitter so I have a live feed coming from the camera. I don't know its range yet, but I'm thinking, line of sight, 500 feet or so. I mounted the monitor to the controller. It is quite the setup.
So for the Phantom 2 you can add a transmitter and get some Fat Shark goggles for around $300 complete to get FPV (First Person View) That way you can fly and see where you are going. The Wi-Fi on the GoPro can over power the signal on the Phantom, making it unreliable at times, thus the need for the additional equipment for FPV flying. We have also tried with a monitor, which works great if you have a person to fly and one to operate the camera. The gimbal on the phantom keeps everything stable. If you have not seen it before the craft tilts as it flies forward and backwards. The gimbal keeps the camera level on everything is smooth. There are a ton of cool videos, both of flight and how to fly, out there. If you are not familiar with the Phantom and other UAVs you should have a look, fantastic tech for the price!

'72 Catalina 27 Tall Rig #519
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome