SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sleeping preference?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Sleeping preference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail444 View Post
In almost all cases in cruising boats, the preferred location for sleeping is toward the aft. The V-bert is OK for the marina or calm anchorage but in cruising mode, the bow moves up and down more than any part of the vessel which can make sleeping uncomfortable.

Sleep will be one of the most important needs during overnight cruising. Make sure you get the best innerspring or memory foam mattress possible.

Fair Winds,
Steve Szirom
OysterYachting.com
Absolutely true but I'm thinking this thread is more about when at anchor or berthed. If just the two of us I sleep in the saloon when overnighting. Makes it quicker and easier to hit the cockpit if needed. When fully crewed I'll go quarter berth though I do admit that on one overnighter in quite nasty conditions I crawled into the forward cabin (which on that particular boat was nowt but a sail locker) and slept like a log cocooned by the sails.

ps - Outbound .... thanks for the info re Frolli.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook