SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wish I could find a 23 year old
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADG
Nevermind that she has never sailed outside the Hudson, but why plan to voyage for 1,000 days w/ no port calls or walk on solid ground? And whats with mapping a course in the shape of a heart?

Not to be a killjoy but this voyage will be derailed within 60 days. There seems to be too much idealism in the approach. It sounds a little insane.
Except for the problem of provisions and possibly running out of books and music I can easily understand the no ports of call.

The heart shape is obviously a piece of new age feel good ******** that even turns the stomach of a BHl like I'm supposed to be.

I think you should show more confidence in them . Good Lord man, a mid fifties ageing hippy with his never been sailing before 23 year old girlfriend in a timber 70' schooner ? What's to worry about ?

Did you read the website ? They were waved off by the phar...ers ex wife. Come on now, these are people with their feet firmly planted in solid mush. Sod that for a joke, if any of my ex's still even like me then I have failed miserably. (Oh, I checked, I have not failed miserably at all. They all confirm either complete disinterest or absolute loathing.)

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 04-23-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook