SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mooring verces Dock
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2002

mpin422 is on a distinguished road
Mooring verces Dock

Thank all of you for your advise and information...I''m new to starting this way of life...not new to reading every magazine and going to boat shows, and reading every book and dreaming as I see boats on the water...You all have confirmed that a mooring is not a bad thing in fact there are some pluses....So tomorrow I''m off to visit 2 Yacht clubs on City Island N.Y. in the Long Island sound...After speaking to thier repersentatives I have found out their are more advantages to belonging to a club. Because I am so green to this I will have an abundace of people ask question to and take out sailing with me to get me over the rough spots untill I get comfortable. Not to mention the price is 1/3 that of a slip...and I don''t intend on hanging in a slip all day....If that was the case I would get a power boat.Well I am totaly stoked about this and hope to meet some of you on the water.

Mike P.

Thank all of you for your advise and information.....I am heading out tomorrow to visit 2 Yacht clubs on City Island in N.Y. which is on the most southern end of the Long Island sound. ....I was ready to cancel my boat purchase due the cost of a slip (2 boys in colege). But thanks to the cost of mooring at the yacht clubs I wil be purchasing my boat this weekend. There are more advantages for keeping a boat at a yacht club...Since I''m new to sailing and will need advice and help with my new boat, I was told that there will always be plenty of people to go out with me....not to mention the new friends....This is all new to me and I know its all not going to be roses...BUT I''M TOTALY STOKED ABOUT THIS !

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook