SailNet Community - View Single Post - A word of warning about an Annapolis broker
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2001

ursu is on a distinguished road
A word of warning about an Annapolis broker

I would happily apoligize or recant anything I posted if there was anything untrue in it. There are some ommisions or glazing over the facts in your response. Their was no "pulling a rabbit out of your hat" requested. In my initial contact with Jill she informed me that the Tayana 37 PH was sold and asked if I would be interested in viewing other boats. My response was yes and we discussed the Corbin and the Fisher that day. I told her that I would indeed be interested in viewing both boats. Yes in fact I was doing more on my visit than just looking at boats. Travel out of state is an expensive process and I want to maximize my time. I was apalled at the lack of preperation. I am a professional sales person and have often arranged for customers to visit showrooms out of state sometimes without my being there. I have always felt it was my job and why I get paid to make shure my customer is taken care of. Jill should have known that the Fisher was in a yard that was locked on Sat. & Sun. These were the possible day I stated for a visit from the initial contact. Being candid with me about her ability to have someone else help me even a week prior to my arrival would have allowed me to salvage my time. Letting me know on Sat. before a Sun arrival rather limited my options. This would have been a minor annoyance had I been a local and just reschedaled for another day. Unfortunatly living in Kansas City a return visit will cost me hundreds of dollars adding to an already expensive process. I frequently steer my customers to my competitors for various reasons. It is that trust gained from truly trying to solve their needs that brings me loyal customers. I would have had nothing but praises for Jill if she had simply stated that could not accomidate my needs and reccomended someone else. There is no question in my mind that a good broker can be worth their commisson. I believe I have a right to expect top rate service in return for that commission. I have had recomendations from others from this post about brokers that others have been very happy with. Word of mouth as usual is the best advertisment.

John Reynolds
KC, MO
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook