SailNet Community - View Single Post - anyone interested in a possible apprentice?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007
2kt wind=trolling speed

goose327 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernix
Hey goose,

$150 bucks - what size and how old was it. The bigger issue for me is where to keep it and how much that will cost. I small boat I probably could have trailered or even put on the roof of my 4 door Honda accord. I used to do the samw with my dad's canoe which I'd say is at least 10' but I think longer.

But alas - I moved to a different section of the city and bam - someone stole my car - my uncle had one for sale that day and I bought it but it's a small 2 door Nissan Pulsar which could not trailer anything.
It's a '74(same year as my Venture), 14', lateen rigged, one("they" say two)person boat. I hauled it home in the back of my pick-up, but it's on a trailer now.
Keep your eyes open for little sailboats laying around in yards. Chances are, one that's been sitting for awhile would gladly be passed on at a good price.
Sunfish Sailboat Parts & Accessories
Sunfish aren't the only small boats, there was a FlyingJ on Craigslist a few weeks ago for 400 bucks, you just have to keep your eyes peeled.
Like Skrap1ron said, if you have a club nearby, join, hang out, look at all the boats, talk to the folks, EVERY sailor likes to talk about their boat.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Last edited by goose327; 04-25-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook