SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Kuka-light is really very light:

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt vimes View Post

What are you talking about?
The didi 40cr is just 10 cm shorter, has less beam but more freeboard and superstructure...
And now go back to the homemade wooden boat and see that this nice little thing has so much weight in its keel and is still only 800 kg heavier... Strange hmmmm?
If you cannot see the difference in hull area between a boat with a 3.4m beam and one with 4.6m beam hull and the influence that has on the the boat weight (even if they are built identically) what can I say?

I have told you that a top 40 class race boat, with a similar hull ( not a carbon boat but an infused one and built as light as possible, carbon masts and all, weights 4500kg and that means 30% more. If you cannot understand that in what regards weight on comparable sized race boats 30% is HUGE...What can I say?

http://www.akilaria.com/Akilaria%20R...ochure%202.pdf

If you do not understand that if using plywood, epoxy and aluminum masts it was possible to build a lighter class 40 (than with infusion, cored hull and epoxy resins), all class 40 would be built that way...what can I say?

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook