SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seeking a solo skipper doing the live-aboard thing in the Caribbean.
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014

T-Dawg is on a distinguished road
Re: Seeking a solo skipper doing the live-aboard thing in the Caribbean.

For Davidpm

That much ink isn't spilled by skeptics. Skipper, you have a flair for interspersing charm with bellicosity, which, as you intend, is a winning combination. However, the site only offers valentines in one size.

Thankfully, I see through surfaces, and am willing to cull morsels of genuine helpfulness from occasional mischief. There are many worthwhile thoughts among your comments, and these are appreciated.

I have read widely on this subject for some while, and sailnet.com attracts a wealth of meaningful material. One picks-up a lot merely by browsing. Not least is the humor and spontaneity.

Thus far we have been alone in this thread because my writing marks me as a high-minded person. Not many folks identify with this. When a connection is made it will be precisely for this trait. My gravity and capability are self-evident. A fine man recognizes a fine man. It can't be otherwise. Your interest speaks well of you.

The success of my agenda does not depend on this site. We draw to ourselves the people we need. By appearing on forums such as this I am deliberately placing myself in traffic to make things easier for Providence. My encountering you through chat is, itself, a special gratification.

But none of this is intended to suggest that a dream-maker need be pleased with the result of his efforts. One has to wonder if the Deity could possibly be pleased with mankind. A humorist might say, life is a series of missteps. The best Educator is experience, and too often even this is overlooked or disregarded. Despite blessings and advantages, I have found that life is no cakewalk. I can recall only brief passages I would care to repeat. So, David, I know quite well there is no gold at the end of the rainbow. That is a given. We can only proceed by pursuing a sequence of ideas.

Thanks for being you. Thanks for the good luck of having you as a contemporary.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook