SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 36 projects in paradise!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: Islander 36 projects in paradise!!!!!

well nothing major has happened here after plopping the boat back in the water...finshed the port bulkhead and ripped out the head bulkhead that is just structural not attached to any plates...

and I scored a very nice 15hp johnson seahore outboard...that will be my main propulsion for now

till I get somewhere or get somebody to bring me down a nice used engine like an atomic 4.

so

the outboard is in GREAT shape...long shaft and very well taken care of 1977.

its an old 77 but works great, low hours, new impeller and came with a nice metal tank.

Ill be getting a nice solas 4 blade prop(anybody care to help here? need a friendly forwarder jeje) for it so anchoring ans stopping will be improved

I also found out the po used 2 outboard brackets tied together at the wood block to act as one mount...not bad thinking but I need to fix the springs and some rusty bolts that corroded

so thats my news from down here

had some bad work done too, lazy workers not giving a crap and well simply not enough time to be on top of them daily but

we are still at it

decks are finsihed, chainplates are finsihed and even the lifelines and push pull pits have been redone and soldered back into shape and polished the bases ready to be installed with new backing plates.

pics coming soon

at least of the outboard! jajja

peace

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Islander 36 refit still going on...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook