SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 36 projects in paradise!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014
"Nubile Southern Sailor"

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: Islander 36 projects in paradise!!!!!

this bracket springs up, the other doesnt...need to look at that...my 15hp johnson weighs a nice 80lbs or so...need all the springs I can get...will also be fiddling with the davits and maybe add a crossmember to add a pully system to retrieve the outboard or at least pull it up, quickly

oh whats left of my engine compartment...and the leaky stuffing box!

it was around 1 drop every 3 seconds now, but I pulled the shaft as inwards as allowable and it stopped almost completely

ps. did the cup measurement thing for 2 hours befiore and got a half cup, then pulled the shaft in and after around 4 hours I only had a 1/4 cup at the most....so I guess its "better"

jajaja

edit. so my current leak shoukd be around 1.5 cups a day...x7 days is around 10 cups a week so thats MUCH better than before....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Islander 36 refit still going on...

Last edited by christian.hess; 02-12-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook