SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014

opc11 is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
This is a public forum. People can voice their opinions here. That's what makes it fun. Diversity! Everyone has a say. It's the way the internet works. It's not your private sand box. The last time I looked, you don't make the rules.

What makes it fun for me is the diversity. I like to hear a wide range of ideas and opinions. I certainly do not need anyone dictating to me who I should think. I watch sports programs on TV with the sound muted. I can see what is happening. I can figure it out for myself. I sure as hell don't need a TV guy who has never played professional sports in his life explaining to me what happened and just why it happened.

I read all the posts. Sometimes I choose to comment, sometimes I don't. Do you have a problem with that? I like this thread. It is informative. Show me the boats. I can form my own opinions.
I'm just catching up on posts, so I'm a bit behind. But I got to get this off my chest after reading the chines discussion....

I'm trying hard to stay out of this...Bob, I enjoyed your posts....but Bob, you're coming to a board that wouldn't be nearly as good (not even close) because of the knowledge, work and dedication that Paulo has put into it and basically krapping on his front door step. Yeah, it's a public forum, but you're detracting from it's value by "poking the lion" and it's detracting from the culture here. And it's a culture (i'm guessing) that many appreciate just the way it is/was.

Can you just give it a rest, remain constructive and stop antagonizing? I think many would and do appreciate the knowledge you bring as well. You're also a wealth of information and experience, but it's ok to politely disagree, even if someone is wrong (not saying anyone is right or wrong, just conveying it's sometimes best to just leave it alone for the benefit of the innocent bystanders).....because you're kind of in someone else's "house" if you know what I mean. Disagree without being disagreeable.

I appreciate your work especially as I learn more about it. Please take this to heart.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook