SailNet Community - View Single Post - under sail at night
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackytdunaway
The light at the top can be seen from in the cockpit so i think it is an all-round light. i have pawned the 5 year old daughter off on a neighbor I am surprised the P-27 did not come with a steaming light standard. The switch marked steaming was just a toggle that was added by the PO. I have pawned the 5-year-old daughter off on a neighbor for an overnight trip and the wife is working so I will be doing an all day and nighter working on the boat so I will look tonight and see how she lights.
Jacky -- The P-27 did come standard with the steaming light (located on the front of the mast about 2/3 of the way up maybe?), but no anchor light was standard. Your PO must have changed things around. As others have said, the steaming light and anchor light are 2 different lights. You need to figure out what the PO did and how he did it, and then proceed from there to set things up the way you want them.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook