SailNet Community - View Single Post - USCG 6 Pack License
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014

imiloa is on a distinguished road
Re: USCG 6 Pack License

I would echo the comments made suggesting that you take the course rather than try to do this on your own. I found that the most useful thing the school provided was a study guide packed with a thousand questions or more that were examples of what you will see on the test. The approach I took, and the school recommended, was to go through those questions as many times as you could over the duration of the course for hours after class - almost memorizing them. I did not see anything that surprised me on the actual examine and my scores were high. Yes there are some tricky ones that appear to be intended to confuse you so essentially knowing those answers ahead of time will be helpful. They definitely teach to the test. But you actually learn some things, too. Not the ideal pedagogical approach, quite practical in getting people to pass the exam, long term retention of the detailed material not so much. Also, my class was full of interesting characters and the conversations were often like something out of the Deadliest Catch bar scenes. Good luck however you decide to proceed.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook