SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Hanse 675

The boat market took a funny swing: There are less small sailboats being sold...but also bigger sailboats being sold. Having less sailboats being sold was inevitable with the crisis hitting the middle class but bigger boats being on the raise was completely unexpected and a very good thing for the shipyards. Many have found a way of escaping financial problems diverting the production to bigger yacht.

Some would say that this is a bad thing but I don't think so. Truth is that there are more people wanting to sail, at least in Europe even if the crisis had diminished the number of sales (but not the total value). Let's hope the crisis goes way and the middle class has again the means to buy sailboats. The brands will still be there partially because the rich ones decided that sail was cool. Thanks to them and to the ones that prefer sailboats to motorboats.

This tendency has as reflex that all mass market shipyards have been increasing the size of their bigger boats that today in many is over 60ft, something unthinkable 15 years ago.

Let's have a look at the new Hanse 675....it seems yesterday that Hanse started to make sailboats....a 675, very impressive, not only the boat but the growing of the brand and that means certainly something in what regards the overall quality

On this one I even like more the interior that seems really cozy even if the style is not one that I favor, but the design quality seems to have improved a lot.

Also in what regards interior and lightening we can see one of the modern tendencies, with a high freeboard that allows a very low cabin with the illumination being mostly zenithal with lots of transparent surfaces. Also the size and location of port hulls creates a true "window" effect providing a great sea view from the salon and cabins. Like the previous model the boat has a big garage able to carry a big dingy. It looks fast too and I am sure it is fast.

Nice passage maker, a judel-vrolijk design.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-13-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook