SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cockpit Drains: Where do we get them?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014
S/V Glenn E

Lubrdink is on a distinguished road
Cockpit Drains: Where do we get them?

Here's one I've not seen and don't find on a search of the forum: Where would one get a drain for a cockpit? I have a 1970 Newport 27 with two drains forward in the cockpit, starboard and port next to the companionway. They appear to be about 1 1/2" with a hose attached below the cockpit to drain into through-hulls. They look a lot like a standard sink drain or very similar.
At the stern, the cockpit has a lower section, about 12" long, the width of the cockpit, and 6" lower. It has a very small drain, about the size of your little finger, which has a small hose that drains below the cockpit and then out the transom. As you can imagine, it is easily clogged.
I thought about getting a larger drain and attaching it to a larger hose and draining out the transom as well. But...and here's the question-where would one get the actual drain assembly? I can't seem to find one. I just got my new 2014 Defender catalog and no such animal.
So, since it's cold, I've nothing better to do until I can unbury the boat from the snow, I'm on a quest for a drain.
Anyone got any ideas?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook