SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 32 Mkii
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014

Pwdrskr is on a distinguished road
Re: Islander 32 Mkii

Hi all! I bought my 78 MII TR last Sept. #3341 "Brilliant Sea" I re-named her(I did the ceremonies). She wore "Kismet", "Lady Blue" and "Le Reve" in the past. Great boat and had been very well cared for. Green Identifier, shoal draft, wheel steering.

320hrs on a Yanmar 3gm,
original headliner(looks new),
new cushions,
new dodger and bimini,
Furuno radar,
Standard Horizon gps,
Raymarine auto pilot,
cruisair,
oiled teak still looks new,
pro-furl,
fresh bottom job last August,
new dripless and zincs,
155%, 130% headsails

And gobs of other stuff came with her. I've only sailed her three months and can't wait till this horrid winter gets done so I can get her out again. I ripped the main when I sailed up from VA(had it repaired), ordered a North Sails radial full batten(was delivered in Jan.) she will sail sweet!

I'd love to meet and talk with you all about our Bob Perry's wonderful design! I feel she points well but gets some wicked lee helm when over powered, when I have the sails trimmed right she is very well balanced on the wheel. Weather helm is unnoticeable.

She's a right stiff boat for a shoal draft. I have it in my head to circumnav and am thinking of adding about 700lbs to the keel. Marskeel in Canada makes lead torpedoes that attach to the sides of the keel. I want to do the Horn so a little more stability would be nice.

I'm in the Barnegat Bay if any of you come around this summer let me know. I will be in and out of the Chesapeake as well so I'll look for some of you as well!

Cheers,
Markus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130831_092626.jpg (52.3 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook