SailNet Community - View Single Post - An Open Letter to Peter Harris, President/CEO of West Marine, Inc.
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
The staff in my local West stores have all been polite and tried to be helpful, and usually were/are. Same for the West stores I've been to out of my area.

On the other hand, West's prices often baffle me no end. I'd swear, sometimes they just add another digit at one end or the other, totally at random, just to see who'll pay it.

I can see that someone would want to price local stock to cover the price of the local store overhead--but at the same time, if they want me to GO to the store, that trip costs me money too. And while I'm there, I usually walk the aisles to see what else I forgot about. So the business about dual pricing, just doesn't fly with me. If local pricing is going to be higher--the store just isn't going to get my regular business, and that opens up a whole world of internet competition that might.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook