SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 32 Mkii
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014

Pwdrskr is on a distinguished road
Re: Islander 32 Mkii

She is my first boat, looked for two years. Almost bought a 30' Dufour and a 30' Pearson but really didn't like the layout of either and really wanted a 32'. When I found this one I just fell in love. The hide away table is so sweet! The Islander 36 has them too. When it's put away there is room to dance! My exhaust comes out the bottom of the champagne glass stern so no issues there. The only thing I've had to replace was the water system pump and a couple of fittings. I'm going to rebuild the old one for a spare.

The cubby bins behind each settee hold massive amounts of stuff and they stay put when heeling. She has a 27 gallon tank and I have found room under the starboard side lazarette that I'm going to add another 20gl tank. There are 25gl water tanks under each settee so 50gl is plenty for my needs. When I was exploring up in the bow area I opened up a cover and found that one of the previous owners put two bags of concrete. I have noticed when the fuel tank and the hot water tank is full that she sinks at the stern a bit. Might be a good place for another water tank if I wanted.

I absolutely love this boat and hope to have her till the end, I will keep her ship shape for the next lucky sailor!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook