SailNet Community - View Single Post - Stainless polish for use in the sun
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Stainless polish for use in the sun

I don't know as it has an actual polish, but I've always been a fan of NevrDull. While I've not used it in the tropics, it needs to dry, like a wax, in order to buff it off. It won't work well in cool temps.

I have some reason to think it will work in very high temps, as I've often found places that baked on all day long, when I missed a spot to buff out. They come right off anyway, unlike what you would expect from most waxes.

The little cotton cloth pieces are so easy to use, its one cleaning job I don't really mind doing. Easy to keep a can around for small touch up. We use it above and below deck.

Now, to go out on a limb, I do know of a polish that can stand the topics. AeroGlaze. It's designed as a dry cleaner and polish for aircraft. It will not be affected by the sun, nor how long it takes you to go back around to buff and I have used it in the tropics. I have not used it on stainless, only paint.

Keep in mind, there is no real magic here. The "polishes" that act like waxes, but don't bake on, don't last quite as long either. On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of heavy wax build up, which I think has a tendency to yellow.

Here are a couple of links, just to show the products:

AERO GLAZE DRY WASH & POLISH from Aircraft Spruce

Amazon.com - George Basch L Nevr-Dull Magic Wadding Polish - Automotive Metal Cleaners Amazon.com - George Basch L Nevr-Dull Magic Wadding Polish - Automotive Metal Cleaners

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook