SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beaufort South Carolina no longer a free anchor
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014
"Nubile Southern Sailor"

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: Beaufort South Carolina no longer a free anchor

x2 on moorings...the issue for me at least is when you are forced to use a mooring and are NOT allowed to anchore even for a short stay

Ill be makiing my mooring down here as its cheaper and more simple thah having to reanchor every weekend after useage...

what I dont like is when people are forced into certain areas deemed appropriate when in reality its almost never so...

many many charted anchorages are in fact just that they are marked and deemed appropriate

thats why cruising guides are so popular they tell you what charts dont

and now with city folk dictating where is good and where you cant it just makes it less desireable as a destination...

again this happens time and time again all over the world

we had this happen in the red sea...we where arriving around 3pm at a "resort town" only to find out anchoring was prohibited and all moorings were used up so we had to head up another 20 miles or so to a known stop

full engine and all sails up beating into wind...
we made it just at sunset...at 630 or so exhausted but EXSTATIC that we made it

jejeje

peace

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Islander 36 refit still going on...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook