SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beaufort South Carolina no longer a free anchor
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Beaufort South Carolina no longer a free anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltgoshen View Post
1) I Agree there should be a safe mooring. This mooring should be for the visitors and they should pay.
2) The derelict boats is problem is not the same complaint or problem and should not be sold to the public as the same "its a LIE"
3) No one should have the right to take the ICW waterway and claim rights to make money with is.
Points 1 and 3 would appear to be contradictory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltgoshen View Post
So Me I have to move my mooring $2,000- tackle That Robert dives on at least once a year. And to stay there I have to rent from Rick?

Just not fair for locals that are doing the right thing and have there tackle and boat in good shape. So who makes out ? The Coastal cruiser with money. The local guy like me . Well i'm screwed.

LT
I'm still wondering, how far distant will you be required to move? Have you been required to have a permit from the city for your mooring?

And, sorry to be blunt, but you're no more "screwed" than most every boatowner without waterfront property or a private dock between New York and Eastport, Maine, to name just one region of the US...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook