SailNet Community - View Single Post - What guitar do you play onboard?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: What guitar do you play onboard?

Dad:
My JS-200 is not old unfortunately. I got it as a gift right after Spike died, 2.5 years ago. It's a relatively new axe. My pal thought it might cheer me up. It didn't but I still enjoy playing it. And it looks so cool! It took me a while to warm up to the bulk, after the OM -28, but the bottom end is amazing. It was on my "guitars to own before I die" list. My buddy knew that. It's a very long list and I am running out of time. I keep the OM-28 here beside me in the office and the JS-200 down in the living room. I like to pick along to David Allan Coe or Schubert.

The JS-200 didn't play worth a damn when I got it. I had played others and I thought WTF is wrong with this one. But it was a gift so I couldn't complain. I took it into Tommy's Guitars in Everett and had them go over it. It plays like a dream now. Silky action, great intonation and a sound that is addictive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site

Last edited by bobperry; 02-16-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook