SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beaufort South Carolina no longer a free anchor
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Beaufort South Carolina no longer a free anchor

Vasco, you don't know Daytona well. The public transportation will take you anywhere and have bike racks.
There are places to land a dinghy all over as well as a few of the private marinas. There are several public launches one at the eastern base of the Seabreeze bridge.from there you can walk a block or two towards the beach and find restaurants all along seabreze not to mention A1A all walking distance,to go furthr jump on the bus.
There is laundry at the western foot of the seabreeze bridge near marker 32.
Beach street on the mainland is walking distance from the municipal marina and there are many cafes and rest. there.
I prefer anchoring between seabreeze and Main Street,nice and quiet.
Further to the north of seabreeze bridge you can anchor and land at a public launch and park . directly across the street is Park's Seafood,a bit more swanky and a couple small storefronts convenient type and a bike shop ,and another small store.
That's what I'm saying. Daytona doesn't promote itself to the boating crowd who largely are vacationing and have a disposable income !
I have been thinking about printing a map and informational flyer to distribute to cruisers north and south of Dytona to promote Dytona bussinesses that boaters might want, it would be supported by small ads from the bussinesses listed and I would distribute, but I haven't gotten to it yet. If anyone wants to jump on it go for it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook