SailNet Community - View Single Post - Contest/Game - Identify this picture
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: Contest/Game - Identify this picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaduction View Post
You put all of those pictures in because Simpson Bay is so pretty. I meant the bridge had been under construction until December. Its the swing bridge on the Simpson Bay causeway.

No, you said was it OPEN. And yes it was still OPEN they hadn't got it closed yet! Lolololol and it only opened officially on Jan 14th 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Sea - this must be a new bridge, if it's from Simpson Bay into the lagoon.. far cry from the small one I've been through before.

However that seems a large vessel to be going into the lagoon, so at this point I'm unconvinced - also, do the towers distant in the last shot match St Martin? I dunno anymore....
The large blue ship has the swing bridge span on top of it!
So they had to get it through the opeing bridge into the lagoon, and then the other photo its secured in the middle of the new causeway bridge and then winched the swinging part straight onto the hinge.

Quite an operation.

Ok, Seaduction! Well done! Your turn.

Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook