SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Varianta 37: very nice!

We had already talked about this boat that has a truly incredible price:

Yes and that price includes 19% German Vat and yes, it is a very nice hull. The Hanse 37 was a very fast boat with god results in club regattas. This one is even better, with the same hull lighter and with a better performance keel.

The boat was presented in Dusseldof and I was very curious to see the quality of finish and practical details. Some years ago the Varianta 44 was a deception: Yes an interesting boat but only suited for club racing with a bad galley, a bad finish and without a proper anchor and chain locker. They had reviewed the 44, it is better but again no accessible chain locker from the deck.

Well, the 37 was the opposite of a deception if we discount the optional settees (on the boat on the show) that are awful but the standard ones are "normal". The quality of the interior is surprisingly good for the price as the finish. The boat looks simple but clean and nice. I liked it. The only thing that is small for the size of the boat is the refrigerator but maybe they have an option for a bigger one.

The boat comes already with sails but not a furler and the sailing performance is amazingly good or maybe not since the 37 was fast and this one is lighter and the keel with less drag and wet surface. The boat was considerably faster with light winds than the new oceanis 38 and that is not a slow one.

For someone that has not the money to a "normal" cruiser this is a way of having a new boat for the price of an used one and the boat has the potential to be upgraded with time: Anchor winch, Furler and many other things can be added with time. I like the idea...I almost have the wish to have one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-17-2014 at 07:21 PM.