SailNet Community - View Single Post - Advance Sweet 16 Rudder Pattern
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by S16newbie
Hi,
I am MORTIFIED. I held the rubber washer that fell out of the rudder lock in my hand and thought, "this needs replacing, I can do that next weekend" and launched the boat.

Forty-five minutes (and a VERY COLD dousing of Michigan lake water later, I also found myself rudderless.

My father bought our 16 in 1976 and never lost that rudder. I have the boat for the first time by myself and it's 40 feet down within the hour.

I need one FAST, too, my father is coming to sail the thing with me in 3.5 weeks. I can't bear to tell him we can't sail I don't have a rudder. Have you had any luck finding one? Did you have to make one? Want to make another one?

Thanks!
Amy
Ouch... that really sucks Amy... I wish I could help... Your best bet is to contact the S16 owner's association and see if they have a good source for the rudder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook