SailNet Community - View Single Post - $3000/mo cruising budget
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014

Group9 is on a distinguished road
Re: $3000/mo cruising budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
So do I. I move when i want. I dont want to so i make it work. That is cruising to me. We south floridians love it when you guys who are opposed to air conditioning sail north. The summer is the absolute best time down here but we generally keep that secret to ourselves. In summer, everything is green, you can dive or snorkel without a wet suit, the water clears up... But wait, I shouldn't have told you that, right? Because Maine is calling. Please ignore this post.
Wait a minute. I thought you were the one that said you had to have air conditioning?

I'm not opposed to A/C. Just don't tell me I can't live without it on the hook, because some people can't.

Heat and humidity are definitely something you can get used to (if that wasn't true, I would have missed out on one of the best jobs I ever had). If you couldn't I would have dropped dead working summers doing construction when in college. To me, the absolute worst thing you can do is go back and forth from air conditioning to outside heat. That's knowing that from living in a lot of hot places, including Miami.

"Best thing to do is get her out on the ocean. If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there." Captain Ron Rico
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook