SailNet Community - View Single Post - $3000/mo cruising budget
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: $3000/mo cruising budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by xort View Post
Brian
most cruisers cruise. You might try getting out once in a while.

we do not use a watermaker. When we stop for fuel, the fuel docks always provide free water. In most of the harbors up north there is free access to a town dock with free water. We carry about 110 gallons of water and never come close to running out. We always shower aboard every 2 to 3 days.
Plenty of electricity from engine alternator, solar panels, wind gen and honda 2k when necessary. And we run a very large refrig.
we never use our aircon, no need to up north at anchor.

We have 4 aboard, not 2 as you well know. And as you well know from fb, we are sitting still in marathon because we have finally met a large group of kids and the boys love it here. Can i move on? Absolutely. Will I? Not yet. My kids love it here.

I have been very upfront about our circumstances. However, i dont agree with you on the water usage. But we will leave it at that. I gave this thread our reality which was quickly crapped on. So my newest line is that anyone who cannot cruise on $500/month has issues.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook