SailNet Community - View Single Post - $3000/mo cruising budget
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: $3000/mo cruising budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Another point is listening to someone talk about how much air conditioning, or a macerator, can costs to repair, like every sailboat out there has air conditioning and electric heads.

This was the post i was referring to. If this was a tongue-in-cheek then please accept my apologies. I have not followed the 500 thread because it is absurd.

Down here, not every boat has ac. But those that do not have a hard time in the summer. I would love to poll them against wanting ac versus not. They live without it because they have no other choice.

If i offended you i apologize. I just saw this thread as a great opportunity to discuss how people cruise and reality versus some bs by those who have never done it or have not done it long. Jaysus, this is our lives. I am giving our real-world numbers. Suddenly i feel like all eyes are criticizing me and i feel like you guys are thinking we are rich. I have seen rich in my previous life. That ain't us. We are just a middle class family which has committed itself boating from the beginning. Not everyone will agree with us. Not everyone will do it as we have or should. But there are some things which we hold strong to from experience that I wish others would at least take into consideration versus dismissing out of hand.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook