SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Pictures: Those perfect moments

177K views 540 replies 130 participants last post by  fl01 
#1 ·
I like so much some of those pictures on the Sunset/Sunrise picture thread that I think it is a pity that I cannot see other great pictures that are not related with sunset or sunrise and I know you guys have them;).

I want to see those beautiful pictures so I am open this thread for it.

Some rules : Utilize a site like photobucket, imageShack, Photoshelter or similar site to host the photos before post here, don't post bigger than 800/600, preferably that size (15" screen) and post only one photo each time. you can post more after others have posted.

Of course, these are only suggestions, do what you like if you do not agree, except in what regards Max size. Bigger will make difficult to see them on laptops.

Well, first one:

2006, Esteiro, Rias Galegas, Galiza, North of Spain.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
All great picks! I do not give like to all because on a thread that was started to me, it looked bad:D

Jack, Desolation Sound seems really an incredible place. This is also an incredible place, even if normally you will see nothing of this, but just spray in the air and a limited visibility:D

Gibraltar straits: On the right, the Rock and Europe, on the left, Africa and the Rif mountains.

#16 ·
Some shots at Blind Channel

Rainbow over Cutter Cove

Sun on Vancouver Island from Cordero Channel

Pacific Swift in Calm Channel

These were all from one trip from Comox to Port Hardy

#17 ·
Jack, that second shot looks like a Tony Onley painting.. neat shot.

Apologies to the regulars around here, most of these pics have been posted before, but for the newer members that may have missed them:

Bequia, Port Elizabeth

Early morning Spinnaker run, Juan de Fuca Strait

Skookumchuck Narrows, Sunshine Coast (Sechelt Rapids).. This is all TIDE, folks!!

Iles Des Saintes, Guadaloupe

A perfect moment? A perfect catch anyhow... our daughter-in-law with her 40lb Mahi Mahi caught on a handline at 9 knots off Union Island, SVG.

#20 · (Edited)
One of my students - just off Lund.

Chatterbox Fall - Princess Louisa Inlet. Rain the night before produced many cascades / waterfalls

#22 · (Edited)

Jamestown Bridge-Newport RI Mooring

UN and Crysler Building going up the East River

Lady Liberty

Pride of Baltimore on the Chesapeake

Sailnet Photo Op-Joe McCary picture taken of 4Arch and Haleakula from Annpolis Bridge

Sailnet Photo Op - Severen River Naval Achademy, T37 Chef, and Haleakula taken from Annapolis Bridge

Ahoy matey- Sub came out of the fog beside us in LI Sound off of New London Conneticut

Block Island Great Salt Pond

Sailnet Photo Op from Annapolis bridge of Haleakula

#26 · (Edited)
Here are a few pics of the family cruising from last summer, sailing around the north coast of the state of São Paulo, Brazil (Ilhabela, Ubatuba).This summer (January) we're off again, but to explore the coast of Rio (Paraty, Ilha Grande, Angra dos Reis).

(This is my first attempt at uploading photos... hope it works!)

Attachments

#28 ·
these pics are from some already posted places, but from different views

faster, from the other side of Iles de Saintes, Pompierre Bay May 2009

copa, Bahia Isla Grande was one of our favorite cruising grounds, especially Paraty (or Parati, depending on who you ask). we met some folks there that took us to their house on Saco de Mamangua for two weeks--no power, no roads, perfect.

atop Pao de Azucar, Saco de Mamangua, Bahia Isla Grande, Brazil Sept. 2009

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.