BVI Moorings Charter - Suggestions?
Thanks everybody for the input.
From your responses and from other sources I have basically gotten the following feelings:
1. Moorings is a reputable company that is good to deal with.
2. Get the bigegst boat you can for the room. Size does not represent a concern in boat handling in BVI.
3. There are alternative ways to charter a boat (direct thru owner, etc...) that could reduce cost. Research should be done in this area.
4. A lot of people do not like Flotillas because they do not like "Guided Tour" atmosphere. Our group wants the tour, the comraderie and the fun race at end so we will be going the Flotilla route.
5. Both Jan and Feb are rainy and windy for BVI. Hopefully not Gale type windy?
Thanks for all the input. It has made all of the members of our group very comfortable with our initial choice of Moorings. We will probably try to upsize the boat if we can.