SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where to get Butyl tape?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Where to get Butyl tape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghubbell View Post

I find it mind-blowing that something this good is so completely absent from the shelves of West Marine and marina chandlers.
I am working on that.. Problem is I have been selling direct and left no room for wholesale prices and retail packaging. My focus has been on quality and formulating the best product for the job. The guys who run the lab at my manufacturer have definitely earned their money..

I have been working with my manufacturer & a packaging company for about a year to figure it all out. This is not an easy task and involves multiple facets all coming together to make it work.

Shipping is the big killer as it is very heavy... I have recently landed on retal packaging which should be available within the next 8-10 weeks... I have chandlers asking for it so it will eventually be out there...

Tested three more white/off white formulations out of the lab in the last two months and still not there.... I keep trying...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook